Indoor Pool Feasibility Study Underway
Council surveyed 2500 of the region's residents from May 2016 to February 2017 as part of a review of its Community Strategic Plan.
Respondents rated an Indoor Pool or Aquatic Centre as their second highest rated priority project.
To understand the viability of such a project, from both an economic and social consideration, Council has contracted expertise to assist with an Indoor Pool Feasibility Study.
RMP and Associates have been employed to undertake such a study with the objectives to:
- Undertake an assessment of the current market and the latent market if an indoor all year-round pool or pools were built.
- To review the current Mudgee pool site, conduct a site analysis and identify the most suitable site for the facility and the possibility of the integration of a proposed indoor facility.
- The study is to include alternative options with a clear conclusion on the financial implications of building and operating an indoor pool.
- The consultant’s report is to outline all assumptions, data, options and costs.
- The study is to include an assessment of the current venue designs and functionality and provide a guide for the future development and refurbishment of the Aquatic Facilities.
A final report with findings is expected to be provided to Council in June/July.
Consultation has concluded